Animated Short, Color, 8′
- Director: Monica Manganelli
- Screenwriter: Monica Manganelli
- Animation: Stefano Stefani, Chiara Feriani, Franco Tassi
- Executive Producer: Stefano Casertano for Daring House
- Distribution: New Europe Film Sales
Winner of the Academy Awards Qualifying Festival “Los Angeles International Short Film Fest”.
The Ballad of the Homeless is a poetic and surreal journey into the lands devastated by the earthquake in Emilia (2012), through the eyes of a child (Tommy, the protagonist) and his friend, a snail. Together they face and discover the values of solidarity, hope and will see the rebirth of the land.
Tommy and his friend (the symbol of slowness and tenacity that moves and does not give up) then face a a building journey of self-knowledge where they will be witnesses of what happened in Emilia. It will be a journey to understand how to overcome the fear.